User-agent: * Allow: /. Would Like To Be A Yummy Mummy: A Christmas Meme!

Monday 19 December 2011

A Christmas Meme!


I have been tagged by Mummy and The Beastie to participate in this festive meme originating from Mummy Alarm. It’s a good one so you might want to join in!

1. The Christmas song I can even listen to in June is…
My favourite Christmas song is the very cheesy ‘All I Want for Christmas is You’ by Mariah Carey. I love it. It puts me in such a good mood and I cant help but "sing" along to it. I remember one year at Uni when I drove my house mates crazy by playing it over and over haha. I was sooo annoying!
2. Hot Chocolate, Egg Nog or Mulled Wine?
OOhh a lover of hot chocolate and mulled wine its a close one for me. If pushed I would have to go for the latter. I guess you can have hot chocolate at any time but mulled wine is only around at Christmas. I have very fond memoires of the Christmas markets in Germany and enjoying a little mulled wine...mmmmmm
3. When do you put your decorations up?
This year we put it up the first weekend in December but only because we are going away next week. If we put it up any later it almost wouldn't have been worth it. I love Christmas and I love decorations!
4. What are you having for Christmas dinner?
Being veggy it wont be turkey for me. I'm spending Christmas at my parents this year and Mum is trying a new recipe out. All I know is its a Jamie Oliver one and something to do with wild mushrooms. I will be having it with Marmite roast potatoes, vegetables and Christmas pudding....delicious!
5. What’s your favourite Christmas Tradition?
As children we used to go to Midnight mass and were allowed to open one present afterwards.  Last year Husband and I started a new tradition of our own where the girls and us all had new pjs to open.  We are going to keep this going!
6. Have you ever gone carol singing?
When I was younger I did but I have a terrible voice.
7. When did you discover the truth about Santa?
I was about quite old when I stopped believing....about 9 I think. I had heard something at School about it not being true and asked my parents. They denied it of course so that night I stayed up waiting. I could hear presents being wrapped and waited and waited. My Mum kept coming in and telling me to go to sleep. In the end I pretended to be asleep and she put my full stocking at the end of my bed.  The next day I told her I had been awake and she made me promise not to tell my Sister.
8. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
I love white lights and pretty colours. This year ours is blue, pink, purple, and teal. At the top we have a very fluffy looking blue and white fairy. Its very girly and has lots of wooden fairies on it.
9. What’s the best thing about Christmas?
It has to be spending time with family.  It doesn't matter where we are or what we do as long as we are together. This year I am particularly looking forward to spending it with a believer. Poppy is 3 now and really believes Father Christmas is going to come down the Chimney. I am looking forward to leaving out a drink and mince pie for him and water and carrots for reindeer with her.
10. All I want for Christmas is…
To see the faces and excitement on my little girls when they wake up.
I am now going to tag: