User-agent: * Allow: /. Would Like To Be A Yummy Mummy: Thinking Slimmer & MUMenTUM Update - 16 Weeks Pregnant

Monday 6 February 2012

Thinking Slimmer & MUMenTUM Update - 16 Weeks Pregnant

Okay at 16 weeks pregnant I am not trying to lose weight, I just want stay as healthy as I can whilst pregnant and not pile on too much excess weight.

To help me with my journey I am still listening to my Slimpods three times a week and joining in with Mumentum every few weeks to record my progress.


The first 14 weeks of my pregnancy went really well and I ate very healthy. ...three sensible meals a day. I didn't eat bread and ate lots of fresh fruit and vegetables. I had no sickness, cravings and just ate normally. I actually felt really good.

Then over the past three weeks things have gone downhill. I have been suffering from quite a lot of queasiness and indigestion. As a result of this I have gone right off of vegetables (tricky when vegetarian) and am struggling with proper meals. They tend to make me feel quite sick afterwards. Even jacket potatoes make me feel quite ill and just seem to sit in my stomach for a long time afterwards.

Over the past week I have settled into a bit of a pattern. Whilst not a wide and varied diet, it does make me feel less queasy and a bit better:

Breakfast - a good sized bowl of cereal (either Special K red berry or porridge)

Mid morning snack - toast & peanut butter

Lunch - a cheese & tomato sandwich or crackers/crackerbread with laughing cow light and/or Marmite on them. With fruit and/or yoghurt afterwards.

Mid afternoon snack - I have to eat mid afternoon or I get very light-headed. Depending on whether I fancy sweet or savoury I have been having either:
  • A bowl of chopped fresh fruit (whatever's on offer in Sainsburys) so... melon, mango, plums, nectarines, apples, cherries, raspberries, blueberries, grapes and bananas, or 
  • A packet of salt & vinegar crisps, or 
  • A toasted cinnamon & raisin bagel with raspberry jam
Tea - a bowl of pasta with a light tomato & basil sauce or either tinned tomatoes or beans on toast with more fresh fruit or yoghurt for pudding.

It might not be the healthiest diet in the world but I am trying my hardest. I know this bit wont last for ever and am looking forward to getting back to eating proper meals again. In the meantime I will keep you updated.

To find out more about how my pregnancy is developing, keep an eye out on my bump diary. I update it each Tuesday.

Karen x