User-agent: * Allow: /. Would Like To Be A Yummy Mummy: Lack Of Sleep Makes Mummy Grumpy

Thursday 4 August 2011

Lack Of Sleep Makes Mummy Grumpy

Today I am tired, so tired and I do not function well with out sleep.

Poppy got up 5-6 times in the night for a wee.....I think it was really the rain that was disturbing and waking her up but really... 6 wees!

This is not a usual occurrence in my house. I sleep trained my little ones using the Baby Whisperer techniques and unless unwell they both have slept through the night from about 12 weeks. Therefore when we do get a night like this, I am very tired and grumpy the next day.

Usually a very calm and relaxed Mummy I was snappy and short with them this morning, The constant "Mummy......Mummy.......Mummy" was driving me crazy and piercing my eardrums! I just wanted to scream out loudly "leave me alone" and curl up with a pillow and duvet and go back to sleep. Obviously as a parent we dont get to do that.

After putting Rosie down for  a morning nap and encouraging Poppy to play in the playroom, off I went for a shower. Once washed and dressed I ran round the house picking up toys, hoovering and clearing up the disaster area in the kitchen before finally feeling back in control.  After a nice cup of tea and writing this post I am once again the calm and patient Mummy I usually am and am ready to play with them again!

Honestly though..I would love a lie in.

Luckily for us, we have my parents coming today and they are kindly babysitting for us tomorrow night while we go to a ball and the following evening while we go to watch Harry Potter (their suggestion). They told us to make the most of them being here so to go and see it. They are also taking the girls out on Saturday morning so we can have a little lie in and pull ourselves together after a late night...What fab parents I have! Having not had much child free time at all in the past year, I am very excited about this and appreciate it greatly.  It couldn't have come at a better time.

Karen x