User-agent: * Allow: /. Would Like To Be A Yummy Mummy: Make Me Yummy Blog Hop - Week 2

Friday 3 June 2011

Make Me Yummy Blog Hop - Week 2

Wow, its Saturday again already and time for part two of my mission to find beauty treatments, cosmetics and products that really do work. This week I am happy to report that the beauty products have been flying through my letter box. 


Due to the sudden heatwave I have decided to first trial The MÁDARA Herbal Deodorant. I received one of these free but it usually retails at £10.50 for 50ml. Quite expensive when compared to the average deodorant but read on to see if its worth it 


I had never heard of MÁDARA products before. However, they are an entirely natural and organic range of cosmetics manufactured in Latvia. Their ingredients include biologically certified flower and herb extracts from the Baltic region, as well as other natural substances. This appealed to me because I like the idea of using natural products. The deodorant claims to be 100% natural, non-staining and provide all-day protection, even on a hot summer's day! Perfect for this weather I thought.


So what is so special about this deodorant? Well first of all it does not contain any alcohol so should not cause any irritation.  Being a natural deodorant it doesn't contain any harmful chemicals either,  like parabens or aluminium, which have been linked to serious health risks including breast cancer. Instead it is enriched with Baltic Yarrow and plantain, which both have anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Sounds good so far! I have extra sensitive skin so was happy to trial this product. 


The product is appealing to the eye and the packaging is environmentally friendly and can be recycled, always a bonus in this day and age.


I am not usually one for using roll on deodorants I tend to prefer the spray ones but I gave this one a go and can seriously say I was pleasantly surprised! It claims that this "quick-drying anti-bacterial and soothing formula will leave your underarms feeling fresh, while hydrating the delicate skin in this area". I would actually agree with this!


 Like all roll ons it felt wet when I applied it to my underarms but it was quick drying, did not sting or irritate and did not leave a sticky residue. I have been out in the sunshine playing with my little girls, running around tidying up after them and I still feel fresh and dry and not even the slightest bit "smelly". Can't be bad! 


To make it a perfect product I would have perhaps added a scent and made it slightly cheaper.


Overall, I would give this product 9/10 and would be very happy to try some of their other products. MÁDARA do a whole range of natural eco cosmetics including those for the face, body, Mums to be and children. They are available from Selfridges, Harrods, Wholefoods, independent stores nationwide, leading online beauty shops and of course www.MÁDARA.co.uk.  You should check them out I know I will be!


Feel free to join in this blog hop.  It is open to all Mummy's that want to feel a bit yummier. All you have to do is publish a post about a beauty or fashion product, your favorite beauty tip  or an upcoming relevant event you want to share details on, then add your name to the linky below.  If you want to, you can also grab the badge and the linky code for your page.


wouldliketobeayummymummy

Hop along and join in the fun.  You might "meet" some new bloggers you haven't met yet and get some new tips you haven't tried.

Karen x