User-agent: * Allow: /. Would Like To Be A Yummy Mummy: Making Life Easier - The Sanamama Baby Carrier

Sunday 4 March 2012

Making Life Easier - The Sanamama Baby Carrier

I have recently been sent a baby carrier to trial and review and couldn't wait to tell you all about it.


Some of you may have read my post from earlier in the week about how I was struggling being 19 weeks pregnant and carrying my increasingly clingy little girl, up and down the hill on the School run. Well, now at 20 weeks, we have a solution.

The Sanamama baby carrier draws on the wisdom of generations of African mothers. It distributes your babies weight evenly across your back, meaning your hands are free, allowing you get on and get things done whilst your baby feels close to you and secure.


You can use from about four months, or once your little one can fully support his or her own head. and then continue using up to around 3 years. This one is going to get lots of use as I can use it for Rosie for now and then put away for our new one.

It is so easy to put on I can do it by myself. You can either sit them on it or stand them up when they are this age,then  you crouch down in front of them,  slip your arms in and pull them up on your back. It really is simple:


Rosie actually helps me by wrapping her feet around my waist and then I can do the strap up under them. Luckily for me its not tight and very soft around my bump so I can use it quite comfortably for now. 

One of the things I really like about it, is how lightweight it is. Unlike the other one we have (which is too heavy for me to use) there is no metal framework. It means this is very light and when not in use can be folded up small and even put in your handbag. Perfect for this age when they decide they want to walk for a bit.

Rosie is quite happy to use this and cant wait to get in it. However, on the one occasion when she wanted to walk and tried really hard to wiggle out, there was no way she could. It is very secure.

I think you can see that Rosie looks very comfortable and happy in it and I really like it too:


We would definitely recommend to others.

Thank you Sanamama you have made our life much easier and we cannot recommend this product enough!

Karen x

For the record, I was given this baby carrier for the purpose of review but all words and opinions are my own!