User-agent: * Allow: /. Would Like To Be A Yummy Mummy: My Bump Diary - 21 Weeks

Tuesday 13 March 2012

My Bump Diary - 21 Weeks




I cant believe I am 21 weeks already, this pregnancy is flying by.

Last week we had our 20 week scan which was amazing. Despite having two little ones already, you forget how amazing that scan is. Everything is so clear and you can tell your little one is developing and growing as it should. To be able to see the four chambers of the hearts and all the fingers and toes was just wonderful.

We also discovered she is another little girl and am really happy with that. It means everything can be reused and as our house is full of pink and girly things, she will fit right in. I was a bit worried Husband might have been disappointed but he's not at all.  He likes the way little girls are Daddy's girls and like me does not feel the need to try again. Our little family is going to be complete at five!

Since the scan I seem to have popped out a bit and took these photos to show you:


My bump is growing now (not just my boobs!) and I am feeling much more pregnant. Because a lot of people have commented on my lack of a bump I have taken to wearing more fitted tops to show it off a bit.  I think it makes me look more pregnant than fat!

Our baby is now the size of a banana:

Which strangely seems smaller than the melon it was last week but never mind.

She is roughly about 7 inches long and weighs about 10-11 ounces. She already looks like a mini version of what she will do when she is born. All her facial features are formed and hair is growing on her head. She is even acting like a real baby and can suck her thumb or fingers and yawn...so cute. We saw this on the scan!

So what about me? I actually think I might be glowing a bit. Okay I have recently been doing my hair rather than just tying it back and I might have been using a little make up but I definitely look and feel much brighter.

Apart from one migraine which was pretty bad at the weekend, I have no complaints. I did have to take co-codamal but as I was prescribed these in both previous pregnancies I didn't worry,

I have been eating pretty healthily and generally am feeling really good. My skin is quite clear and I have no itchy red rash or spots as I did with the other girls.

My only trouble is the School run and massive hill I have to walk up, carrying Rosie who refuses to walk it. This is causing me back ache. There's not much I can do but as I get bigger and really cant do it, I will need to drive. For the moment, it is keeping me fit though and I am just about managing.

Karen x