User-agent: * Allow: /. Would Like To Be A Yummy Mummy: Weetabix With Golden Syrup - Far Too Sweet For Us

Thursday 22 March 2012

Weetabix With Golden Syrup - Far Too Sweet For Us

Breakfast in our house like many houses is usually cereal and /or toast/fruit and I must admit the girls favourite has to be Weetabix. I was therefore quite excited to be asked to try out the new Golden Syrup flavoured one:


It looks like regular Weetabix but is baked with golden syrup. Sounds delicious but naughty,  I thought. Then they told me it had half the sugar of other sweetened breakfast cereals so I thought we would give it a go.

Unfortunately for us it was far too sweet. I even gave some to Poppy (aged 3 1/2) and she couldn't eat it asking for a banana instead. It's not the sort of thing I would usually let her eat, I  would worry it would rot her teeth.

We still love the original Weetabix though and enjoy experimenting with toppings like fresh fruit and yoghurt.  I think a little drizzle of golden syrup on top with some sliced banana would be much nicer.

Sorry Weetabix, i'ts not for us but thank you for letting us try it out anyway.

Karen x