User-agent: * Allow: /. Would Like To Be A Yummy Mummy: Preschool Sparks Mixed Feelings

Friday 14 October 2011

Preschool Sparks Mixed Feelings

My gorgeous, adventurous little three year old has just started at Preschool. This particular one is set in a small idyllic village School and the reception and Preschool are mixed together in one class.

Poppy is absolutely loving it. She has always been a happy, confident little girl and she has just gone in and settled immediately. I know she has been ready for this for a while and have really been looking forward to her starting. She loves her teacher, the other children and is very very happy.

So why do I have mixed feelings? Well a few days ago I went to pick her up at lunch time as I always do but she was the only one coming home. All the children were sat down ready for lunch and she wanted to stay too. She burst into tears when she saw me! Oh dear. If she had her way she would be there all day every day. She really is enjoying it.


Poppy is quite grown up for her age, she loves being with all the other children and is soaking up everything like a sponge. Last week she made a model rocket and learnt all about Autumn. She can not wait to tell me about what she gets up to each day and I can tell already she is going to thrive in this environment. She is currently doing her full 15 hours, spread across one full day and three mornings.

So what's a Mum to do? Is keeping her at home holding her back? Should I let her go more? (maybe 3 or four full days) or is it mean to send her more when I am at home with her Sister? I appreciate as well, there will be a time in the not too distant future when I will not have a choice, she will be off to School full time. All of these questions and thoughts are racing around my head and I do not know what to do for the best.

Being a parent is tough, the toughest job I have ever done and you just want the best for your little ones. I don't want her to grow up too quickly but I really do not want to hold her back either.



Karen x