User-agent: * Allow: /. Would Like To Be A Yummy Mummy: Should I make The Move To Become Self Hosted?

Saturday 7 April 2012

Should I make The Move To Become Self Hosted?

Okay so I have been blogging for over a year now and I love it but I want to move my blog on a bit and I want it to look more professional.

It has come a long way since I first started out in January 2011. I didn't have a clue what I was doing and was really just writing a journal for friends and family to see.

Back in  May I started to love my blog, that was when Mummy and The Beasties Husband designed me a new and exciting header which I absolutely loved. By then it was already obvious that it was far more than just a journal. It is also something that is not going to go away.,..my blog is an important part of me now.

Now everything is changing again. Rosie is no longer  a baby and in the Summer we are about to have a new addition, I  want my blog to reflect this. However, I have been wondering do I just need a header or should I aim to become self hosted? I quite fancy owning the title 

www.wouldliketobeayummymummy.com 

but how difficult is it to really  make the change and is it worth it? To be honest I don't really have a clue where to start.

Maybe I could pay someone else to do it for me or would that be terribly expensive?

Some of my favourite blogs that have been around for a while haven't changed and I wonder why.

Please help by letting me know your decisions for either staying with Blogger or switching and are you happy with them? Any advice would be welcomed.

Thanks

Karen x