User-agent: * Allow: /. Would Like To Be A Yummy Mummy: The Gallery - Grandparents

Wednesday 6 July 2011

The Gallery - Grandparents

This weeks Gallery topic is Grandparents.

I am fortunate enough to say that grandparents have always been a big part of my life and are now an important part in my daughters lives too.

They have a Nanny & Gramps and a Grandma who love them very much and spoil them rotten when they see them.  Despite living away from the family they are close and love seeing them when they do.  Poppy loves doing pictures for her Grandparents and chatting to them on the phone too.

Here are just a few photos I would like to share with you all:

Gramps with Poppy

Nanny with Rosie

Poppy & Gramps

Grandma with Poppy, Rosie & their Cousin Olivia


Poppy with her Grandma & Grant

I think you can tell from these pictures that they share a special relationship with all of them.

I have been lucky to have three grandparents whilst growing up. I lost my Grandad a few years ago now.  It was pretty sudden and a shocking and traumatic time for the whole family.  When my Grandad first feel ill, I was living abroad.  I rushed over to see him with Poppy who was eight months old at the time.  I will always treasure that time together.  It was pretty special, he even managed to tell me how proud he was of me and the way we were bringing her up which meant such a lot to me. I am just sorry that he is not still around today and that he never got to meet Rosie.

My Nana is an an amazing women and has surprised us all with her strength to carry on.  Despite losing her soul mate she picked herself up, surrounded herself with friends and has a new social life better than mine! Here are a few more photos:


My Nan & Grandad

My Nana & Grandad with my Sister and I

Nana with poppy & Rosie
After reading Katie's post she reminded me of some of the things they did for me whilst growing up, so I had to add them in. We used to go to Boarding School and they would send my Sister and I food parcels and comics every month with money taped inside for treats.  They never complained when I reversed the charges just to chat to them and they used to pick us up with our friends and take us out for the day too.  I particularly remember trips to the seaside and chips with salt & vinegar in a cone...perfect days!

My other Grandma told me recently that no matter where we lived my Mum always made sure that she got to see us growing up.  That meant the world to her. I will do the same.  Due to my Husbands job, we move frequently but no matter where in the world we are I will always promise to make sure that their Grandparents get to see them.  This is even easier now with cheaper flights, Skype and the internet!

Me (left), Grandma, Sister (right)
I really do think Grandparents have a special bond with Grandchildren and one day...way, way in the future I am looking forward to being one too.

For more entries head over to sticky fingers.


Karen x