User-agent: * Allow: /. Would Like To Be A Yummy Mummy: Sweeties..." I did ask her Dad"!

Monday 28 March 2011

Sweeties..." I did ask her Dad"!

I forgot to mention that at the Wedding, poppy had her first taste of sweets!


After the Wedding breakfast, when you went through to the bar area they had a lovely idea of having a pick and mix you could help yourself to.  This went down really well with everyone, especially the children.  I went upstairs to feed Rosie and when I came back down, Poppy was running around like a mad one with a strawberry cable in her mouth.  I asked her where she got it and was quickly told by one of the older children Connor..."its OK.  I did ask her Dad".


Now Poppy is Two years and eight months and up until now she has not known what sweets are (or crisps or chips!). I personally think there is plenty of time for all of that and she is only young. I am a very fussy eater myself so have worked hard on making sure Poppy gets a real mix of foods and develops different tastes. I really did not want her to be one of those children who only eats chips or chocolate!! Luckily she eats very well and enjoys a healthy balanced diet.


I am not so strict that she doesn't have any goodies.  She does have the occasional biscuit, ice cream and a few packets of white chocolate buttons but that is it!!  Mostly I get away with giving her fruit snacks, raisin's, rice cakes and bread sticks.  A real treat is yoghurt raisins or those fruity School bars, so I was not too happy about the sweet situation.  As it was they gave her a little sugar boost and she managed to stay up until 9.30pm a who two hours later than normal, which meant we could all enjoy the reception for a while.



She did make me giggle the next day though.  At breakfast she told me she was still hungry could she please have something else.  I asked her what she would like and she looked at me with a little smile on her face and said "mmmmmmm, maybe some ice cream?", I told her no we don't have ice cream for breakfast and to try again.  She looked like she was thinking really hard and then said "maybe some marshmallow?", again I said no, so she came out with "OK Mummy, maybe some toast?" hee hee.  Nice try.  


So she has tasted them, liked them but I am not in a hurry to give her any more for a while!  Interestingly, when I asked for help with the shopping list she told me we needed apples, bananas, pears, kiwis, milk and yoghurt...no mention of sweets so that was good. 


Karen x

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely post. Really enjoyed it. Good that she forgot her sweet experience and is back to wanting healthy things in the shopping trolley.
    Thanks so so so much for your thoughtful comment earlier. Was extremely kind of you.
    Liska x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post. Really enjoyed it. Good that she forgot her sweet experience and is back to wanting healthy things in the shopping trolley.
    Thanks so so so much for your thoughtful comment earlier. Was extremely kind of you.
    Liska x

    ReplyDelete