User-agent: * Allow: /. Would Like To Be A Yummy Mummy: To post photos or not to post photos? That is the question?

Friday 18 March 2011

To post photos or not to post photos? That is the question?

I have been blogging since January and today have had over 1000 hits on my site whoppeee!!  I am currently working on adding new pages but have not published them yet.  However, I am torn about putting pictures of my children on here.  So far the photos I have published of my girls have been chosen carefully and don't often show their faces. Having looked at other Mummy blogs, I love the ones that are full of photos and have seen several which have monthly pictures of their little ones.  I would love to do that, but am unsure due to the fact you have no control over who sees them and what they do with them.  I am more than happy for other like minded Mummy's to see pictures of my family.  I take millions of pictures and love showing off my gorgeous family, but....its the weirdos out there I do not want seeing my children.What are your views???  Is there anything you can do to make sure that photos stay in your blog and don't end up in google image search etc.  Please help, I would love to see others comments.


Karen x

8 comments:

  1. Hi there, great post asking a great question. I personally don't put photos of my kids anywhere - twitter/facebook/blog. But then again I don't put up pics of me either as I use a pseudonym. But I think the final call is yours. You have to weigh up who reads it and if it is ok if they see your family. Great blogs by the way. And how did you manage over 1000 hits? I am definitely not there yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I put pictures on Facebook but only ones family and friends can see. In terms of how many hits I've had, I was quite surprised myself! They are not all following me though so could be the same people again and again. Loving your blog too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you mean 1,000 or 100?
    RE: pics, I have the same concerns but do it anyway. You are making me think again though :-(
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess you mean cummulatively rather than in a day right?
    Liska x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely not in a day...that would be amazing. In total!!! I love your blog too Liska, especially the monthly photo bit. I think I might like to review some products next so may be after some advice x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I have only reviewed Sterimar, and Boots Bath Sensitive range. All the others were just blog loving of products we own. I did just do a pre-review for Bum Genius (need to do the full review sometime today) and have Born Free stuff sitting here waiting to be reviewed too.
    I am still hoping to get a Cybermummy Sponsor but no luck as of yet.
    I love how pretty you've made your blog look.
    Oh and finally, I got the monthly photos idea from an American triplets website:
    http://www.pyjammy.com/
    Bye for now, Liska x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh thanks for that. I guess I am on the right track then with my unofficial reviews. I love the way your blog looks too. Fingers crossed you get that sponsor. I think it will be good! I am loving the pyjammy blog. In fact, it was yours and her blogs that I had been looking at and enjoying before I wrote this post x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I have only reviewed Sterimar, and Boots Bath Sensitive range. All the others were just blog loving of products we own. I did just do a pre-review for Bum Genius (need to do the full review sometime today) and have Born Free stuff sitting here waiting to be reviewed too.
    I am still hoping to get a Cybermummy Sponsor but no luck as of yet.
    I love how pretty you've made your blog look.
    Oh and finally, I got the monthly photos idea from an American triplets website:
    http://www.pyjammy.com/
    Bye for now, Liska x

    ReplyDelete