User-agent: * Allow: /. Would Like To Be A Yummy Mummy: The Gallery - 3 Word Gallery

Wednesday 22 June 2011

The Gallery - 3 Word Gallery

The post for week 63 of the gallery is 3 word Gallery, that's right....you can write about anything you like as long as you give it a title of three words.  I have chosen:

Breakfast In Bed

On Sunday we decided to give Daddy a treat of breakfast in bed.  However, a lazy Mummy decided that she too wanted to stay in bed so it developed into a family breakfast in bed.  I got up and went downstairs to get milk for the girls, coffee for us adults and lots of toast and then went back upstairs with a tray full.  The girls thought this was fabulous and thoroughly enjoyed themselves. It was lovely to see even Rosie eating toast and she had been unwell and off her food for a few days. She giggled away munching on toast & jam. The bed was full of crumbs and covered in jam but it didn't matter.  We all had a lovely long lie in and I just chucked it all the washing machine later in the day.



This reminded me of weekends during my childhood.  We used to enjoy tea and biscuits in bed with my parents.  I always remember one of us girls running downstairs with whichever parent whose turn it was and getting the biscuit tin.  Us girls would then sit at the end of my parents bed, tucked under the duvet and happily chat away whilst munching on biscuits. This was something we continued to do even when we were grown up. I remember coming back from Uni and sat on the end of their bed with my mug of tea and the biscuit tin catching up on a whole terms worth of gossip! We had some great chats on a Sunday morning with a cup of tea and biscuits, some serious, some gossipy and other times just giggling and messing around.

I think this is something I am going to do with my girls too.

Don't forget to head over to sticky fingers to check out the other entries and join in yourself too of course.

Karen x