User-agent: * Allow: /. Would Like To Be A Yummy Mummy: My 1 Year Blogoversary - Wow A Real Achievement

Friday 27 January 2012

My 1 Year Blogoversary - Wow A Real Achievement

Wow I can hardly believe that I have been blogging for a year and what a year it has been.

A year ago I started writing a sort of journal for my family to see. Never in a million years did I expect anyone else to be interested, that so many other Mums were doing the same thing, that I would actually get to meet other bloggers in real life or that Companies would send me things to review.

I started writing with little idea of the direction it was going to go in. I knew I wanted to write about my family and what we got up to and perhaps about my mission to become a yummy mummy. At the time My Husband had been away for a while and I was shattered. I looked old, tired and neglected and wanted to feel yummier again. I started reviewing health and beauty products and within a year lost a stone, a dress size and regained my confidence and sparkle again:



Blogging has given me a feeling of purpose. I am recording some wonderful memories but it oh so much more.

Back in July 2011, I discovered the power of blogging - how it gives us a platform to make our voices heard, I think that was when I realised this was more than I ever imagined it would be.

These days I have my mojo back and I am a happy confident Mummy ready to go on with the next chapter of our lives. This year everything is changing again as our family of four becomes five!

Regular readers may have noticed my blog has changed recently and so is the direction. Much happier with the way I look and feel now,  I am moving away from trying to be more yummy and am instead focussing on my new pregnancy and sharing my parenting tips.

This doesn't mean I am going to go back to the old me...no way. I have just discovered a few products I can use and now realise its okay to spend a little money on clothes for me as well as the girls. I am not going to neglect myself any more...if I feel good so do my family.

So this year is all about our growing family, wish me luck.

Thanks for all of your support and I hope you continue to read. I am looking forward to seeing where this year takes us and meeting some of you again at events this year!

Karen x