Thursday afternoons are once again time for baking and creating. A special time where we make lots of mess, eat treats we make and generally enjoy each others company.
Today we baked. We had lots of fun making chocolate chip cookies and fairy cakes. Poppy is becoming very independent now and wants to do everything herself. Here's what we did:
Chocolate Chip cookies
75g caster sugar
100g self raising flour
2 teaspoons cocoa powder
50g chocolate chips
How we did it
1. First we preheated the oven to 180C
2. Next we put the margarine and sugar into a large bowl. We mixed them together together with a wooden spoon until they were light and fluffy.
3. Next, sift the flour and cocoa powder into the bowl and stir into the mixture with the wooden spoon:
4. Add the milk and chocolate chips to the bowl and mix together well:
5. Spoon the mixture onto your baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes. Once in the oven you can lick the wooden spoon and bowl:
We made the mixture and then split it into two bowls. One half we made into cherry coconut cupcakes and the other into chocolate chip. You could do what ever you want...let your imagination run wild!
8 oz self raising flour
3 oz margarine
3oz caster sugar
3-4 floz milk
For the topping
How we did it
1. First we turned the oven to 200C
2. Sift the flour into the bowl and add the margarine. Rub the mixture between your fingertips until it becomes crumbly. Add the sugar and mix in:
3. Add the egg and just enough milk to make a stiff mixture:
3. We added a handful of coconut and chopped cherries to half the mixture and a handful of chocolate chips to the other to make them a bit more interesting:
We made two bowls of icing sugar for the toppings. In one bowl we added a little vanilla to the mixture whilst to the other we added some cocoa powder. We spooned it on top of the cupcakes and added grated flake to the chocolate ones and coconut and half a cherry to the others...delicious:
Mummy is wondering if we could freeze some of these or we are going to get terribly fat!
Looking forward to lots more fun filled Thursday afternoons.