User-agent: * Allow: /. Would Like To Be A Yummy Mummy: Review Of Dead Sea Mineral Bath Soak

Thursday 12 January 2012

Review Of Dead Sea Mineral Bath Soak

I love my baths. When the girls go off to bed, I will often fill a deep bath with lots of lovely bubbles and settle back for a nice relaxing soak.

Therefore I was thrilled to be approached by Vitamin supplier Higher Nature to try out some new Dead Sea Mineral Bath Salts that claim to cleanse and detoxify as well as nourish, sooth and refresh tired muscles.




When they arrived I was really pleased with the way they looked. They are presented in a 400g kilner Clip top glass jar and come with a little muslin bag and wooden scoop. They looked exciting and I couldn't wait to try them out.



I filled the bag with two scoops of the salts and dropped them in the water as it was running. So far so good and I was looking forward to a nice relaxing soak. Knowing these salts contain over 21 key minerals, including Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium and Iodine, I was convinced I would feel spoilt and indulged.



The salts themselves have no scent and dissolve easily. There was no problems with scratchy bits being left at the bottom of the bath. In fact they dissolved so well it was a bit like bathing in a bath of just warm water!

Do they do what they say? Well its hard to tell. I must admit my skin feels quite soft and as a sufferer of eczema, they did not cause any flair ups.  I still feel relaxed after having a bath but since that first one I have had to add bubbles. It just felt like something was missing.

If you want to try them out for yourselves, they are available from Higher Nature for £12.95.

I personally thought they were quite nice but priced a little steep.  They  look good, dissolve well and left my skin feeling soft. However, with no scent, and no bubbles they didn't feel quite as indulgent as I hoped.

Karen x