User-agent: * Allow: /. Would Like To Be A Yummy Mummy: MoMenTum - the Monday check in

Monday 9 May 2011

MoMenTum - the Monday check in

Okay, I have bloged about it before here but there are a group of us wanting to shape up and get fit for the Summer. We have been updating and supporting each other on twitter and now Liska over at New Mum Online has spurred us all on and got us our very own linky.

So how has the week been?  Overall I have done well.  I have continued with my Hip Hop Abs DVD's and the diet has been pretty good too.  I did have one little slip up though.  I did some baking with my eldest and accidentally ate a banana muffin when she said "this one's for you Mummy"...whoops!  Oh well, I still managed to get back into my UK size 12 jeans this week though, so I was very pleased with that!

My long term goal is to be able to get up, throw on a pair of shorts and head off to the beach feeling pretty this summer.  This is how I am going to get there:
  • To get fit and toned by doing an hour of Hip Hop Abs a day or use my cross trainer 6x a week
  • To stick to a low carb diet (not no carbs as still feeding x2 a day)
  • To drink lots of water
  • To get out and about with the children and pram as often as possible
Fingers crossed I continue to do as well.  The support form the others is helping immensely so I am sure I will be in those shorts and looking good in no time.


Feel free to come along and join in if you want to shape up in time for the summer!

Karen x


2 comments:

  1. Can't say I will join you in wearing shorts as I have AWFUL legs but I will join you in the getting out with the pushchair AND the increase in consumption of water.

    Loving your post.

    Liska x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck for this week, it's great that you are managing a balance of healthy eating and exercise. One muffin wont matter as long as you are being good the majority of the time. x

    ReplyDelete