User-agent: * Allow: /. Would Like To Be A Yummy Mummy: MUMenTum - Week 4

Monday 30 May 2011

MUMenTum - Week 4

Yesterday I was getting ready to go to a big family lunch.  Husband was upstairs in the shower so dressed in some pretty new underwear I ran downstairs with an armful of clothes, hairdryer, makeup and ghd's.  The plan was to get ready downstairs so I could keep an eye on the girls. Anyway I caught my reflection in our full length mirror at the bottom of the stairs. Normally I am not one for looking at myself half naked in the mirror and would not be happy with what I saw anyway. However, I was not repulsed...in fact I might even say I was pleasantly surprised.

I am nowhere near ready for my shorts and bikini yet but I didn't look half bad and I could definitely tell I have lost a bit of weight and toned up. I was so excited I ran upstairs to show my husband, who told me I was looking good!  This put a smile on my face for the rest of the day. I even wore a short dress which actually turned out to be shorter than I thought (as you can see in the photo at the bottom) but I felt really pretty.

Not bad for someone who has suffered with eating disorders in the past, although that was a long time ago.  Now I am just trying to be happy and healthy so I can be around a long time for my girls and set them a good example.  I do not want them to grow up with the same insecurities I did.  It also wasn't bad considering I took the weekend off!

Honestly I did...no diet and no exercise!!  Instead I had yummy crusty bread rolls, pizza, chocolate, chocolate mouse, ice cream pasta and wine...yummy!  Obviously not all in one go, it was spread throughout the whole weekend! I have overloaded with carbohydrates but do you know what? I don't feel too bad!  Today I am back on my plan and doing well so far.

I have not been weighing myself as I know thats when things get out of control. But my size 12 clothes are all feeling good on me again so I know I am doing ok. Hope to be feeling even better better by the time cybermummy comes around! Here are a few photos, not the most flattering especially the double chin..but they give you an idea!




Hope you girls are all doing well too and if you too are trying to shift a Mum Tum then feel free to join us.  Just add your name to the linky below.



Karen x


18 comments:

  1. Mummyandthebeastie30 May 2011 at 14:00

    From your pictures I would say you look radiant! and I love the dress. That is great that you have seen a difference in your shape (despite a weekend off) and I think you are the lady to beat!

    Well done you, it's certainly paying off :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fantastic that you are feeling good about yourself...you look great in your dress!  Feeling that inner confidence really makes such a difference to how you look.  Well done you!!!  xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. jessies_online30 May 2011 at 14:19

    You look fab! Well done for doing so well & it's great that you feel so good about yourself & I agree totally with what Wendy said, it does make a huge difference to how you look. A friend of mine commented that she knows when I'm feeling better about myself as I wear brighter colours, when I'm feeling a blob I'm back to black & greys!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is no better motivation that looking in the mirror & thinking - "you know - that's not half bad!" Well done & keep going with the mumentum :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look fantastic!  It's a great feeling when you look at yourself and think 'you know what I look good'  - not that I've done that for a while now, but I know I will again some day in the not to distant future.

    Being in control is very important and I think that is something that I am just learning about.  Taking control is very empowering!

    I'm sure with the attitude you have now to food and exercise there is no reason why you can't continue to look and feel great for well....the rest of your life :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. aaah thank you, I thought I looked chunkier than I felt in my dress but thought I would put it on here anyway.  Couldn't do it without the support of you guys :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you.  A few months ago I didn't feel confident at all, will have to post a pic of what I looked like then.  Its great to be feeling like this now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think we all wear black when we feel fat or low but its all bright colours for me this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you.  Its definitely given me a boost and you're right I feel like I can and want o keep going :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your lovely comments. Now you mention it I do feel kind of empowered! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mummy and the Beastie is right. You are the front runner and the lady to beat indeed.

    I LOVE that feeling of liking what you see in the mirror. You've described it so well I can taste it and I want it. And you know what, you ONLY achieve a goal when you WANT to and now I want to.

    You've inspired me more than words can say. Thank you,

    Liska xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done you look lovely. It is good motivation once you start seeing results x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look very pretty in your dress! I am so pleased for you that everything is going so well! Keep up the good work xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you, it certainly is, hope you are doing well this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aahh thanks. Feeling good with all this support.  Hopefully we will all be feeling great at CyberMummy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving the dress and cardy combo - very flattering and pretty. Glad it's all going well - sometimes success can be the biggest motivator! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can finally get on to comment- I know I said it on twitter last night but I think you look fabulous.  And I love your dress!  I can tell we will get on well at Cybermummy! ;)
    Well done on seeing some results. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. PR Mummy@PRMummy.com31 May 2011 at 18:52

    Gorgeous dress and well done. Such a nice feeling to be happy with your weight loss. And adore your wee-ones dress too. Xx

    ReplyDelete