User-agent: * Allow: /. Would Like To Be A Yummy Mummy: National Vegetarian Week - Recipe 1

Monday 23 May 2011

National Vegetarian Week - Recipe 1

Apparently this week is National Vegetarian week. So being vegetarian I have decided to share some of my favourite recipes with you everyday this week.  Today's recipe is one I made up myself a few years ago.  I actually had it for supper tonight, luckily for me I am allowed this on my low carb diet.

Vegetable Mushroom Tower

This one is so easy, anyone can do it. Basically you take one (or as many as required) giant mushroom(s):


Top with chopped fresh tomatoes, spring onions and peppers. You could add anything else you like but there is not a huge amount of room on a mushroom.   I have used sweetcorn, pineapple and jalapeño peppers in the past (but not all together). You can be as inventive as you like.



Next sprinkled with a vegetable cube (1 cube will be enough for up to four mushrooms) and top with slices of Hulloumi cheese.  For those of you who don't know this is a Cypriot cheese and can be found in most supermarkets. Once it is ready place in an oven for about 30 minutes at 180 degrees.



The result is delicious:




The cheese is crispy on the outside, gooey in the middle and the stock cube mixed with the mushroom juices make makes a kind of sticky gravy.  For me being on a diet at the moment., it is the closest thing I can have to pizza.  I like to serve it with a large salad but you could also serve it with vegetables or whatever you like. Ordinarily, one would be enough but I was starving tonight so had two.

Enjoy.

Karen x

1 comment: