User-agent: * Allow: /. Would Like To Be A Yummy Mummy: Review of HIp Hop Abs program

Tuesday 10 May 2011

Review of HIp Hop Abs program

I have been doing doing this programme for the past few weeks and am loving it and the results.  I have blogged about it several times here but thought it was about time I did a proper review.
Hip Hop Abs is a package that claims you can get flat, sexy abs without ever doing a crunch or a sit up
it is designed to help you lose weight and get flat toned abs! There are none of the usual boring sit ups and cruncahes instead the majority of it is done stood up on your feet. All you have to do is tilt, tuck and tighten! It also suggests you follow a high protein low carbohydrate diet. A meal planner is included but being vegetarian it was no good for me.

There are five different workouts for you and a suggested four week programme.  I have taken the information here from their leaflet.

The workouts include:

Fat Burning Cardio - this aims to burn calories, shed fat and give you the six pack you've always wanted, all to hip, hot music

Ab Sculpt -  features Shaun's signature moves to deliver the flat, toned tummy you want without doing crunches or sit ups.  It claims you will see and feel it working fast!

Total Body Burn - A head-to-toe blast with cardio aimed to melt the fat along with targeted sculpting of your problem areas to reveal a leaner body

Hips, Bun's and Thighs - aimed at achieving a tight, toned, sexy lower body

Last Minute Abs - an extra 5 minute ab blasting workout to use whenever you want

They also thrown in:

The secrets to Flat Abs which teaches you Shaun's secret tilt, tuck and tighten ab flattening technique to maximize your results and

Learn To Dance With Shaun T - I can't comment on this as I haven't looked at it!  I am still getting to grips with the moves and am not ready to take it to the dance floor yet!

The suggested programme tells you which DVDs to use on which day. Sunday is always a rest day.

What do I like about hip Hp Abs?
I am really enjoying it.  The exercise itself is hard but great fun and I look forward to it each day.  Shaun T spends time showing you what to do slowly and then turns up the tempo, which is handy  The results are good too. I lost a few inches in the first week and have already dropped a dress size.

I like the way there is a timer on the screen so you can see how long you have left, handy when your little one is saying "Mummy I need a snack/drink/whatever". I also like the fact that there are different workouts so you don't get bored. My favourites are Ab Sculpt, Total Body Burn and Last Minute Abs.  These make you work hard but you feel the results quickly.

What don't I like so Much?
The price! It is currently advertised at 3 payments of £19.95. Quite a lot I think.  DO check out Amazon too though as they sometimes have offers.

It is a bit cheesy. What I mean by this is they are all smiling big smiles with gleaming white teeth showing, the women are so tiny you can see their ribs and the men are quite muscular but look as though the have been sprayed with water to give them their sweaty look. Then there are the things he says.  I sometimes think its a bit much but that could because i'm British "are you feelin me cos i'm cute or are you just feelin me"?...what? I don't get that!

Overall, I would give it a score of 9/10.

So if you yourself are wanting to shed the baby weight, shape up and get fit, this could be a way to do it.

Karen x


 

2 comments:

  1. this sounds really good with a balance of cardio and toning. I am bad at sticking to programmes. look forward to seeing how you find it over coming weeks and I may then get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound really good and something I could do with, but you are right the price does make you think twice. I will however have a look on Amazon as this really appeals to me, thanks for reviewing!

    ReplyDelete