User-agent: * Allow: /. Would Like To Be A Yummy Mummy: Five things I Don't Want My Children To Know About Me

Friday 15 April 2011

Five things I Don't Want My Children To Know About Me

This weeks Friday Club is about the five things I don't want my children to know about me.


So here goes, I don't want my girls to know:


1.  That when they went for their naps, I sometimes left them a bit longer because I was carried away with writing my blog or reading and commenting on others.  

2.  That when they were young I told them that crisps, chips and fizzy drinks were only for adults.  My two and a half year old has still not had any of these and will tell you they are for adults only not little girls.

3. When Poppy was only eight weeks old she nearly drowned because we were too busy taking photo of ourselves! We had taken her on a road trip to Vancouver Island, British Columbia.  It was an amazing trip and the hotel we stayed in when we got there was right on the beach.  Husband and I were so busy taking our pictures...which took a while because the wind kept blowing my hair across my face.  When we turned around, Poppy who was all snuggled up fast asleep in her Bugaboo was floating away on a massive wave...whoops that was a close one.  Luckily it was still upright.  We didn't tell anyone about that until recently! 

4.  When I was at Uni I ate very little and spent all my money on clothes instead!  It was because I was a real shopaholic.  I am not so bad now but whenever I buy something I still get an amazing rush, especially if it is wrapped up in tissue paper!

5.  That I have never been happy with my body!  I seem to have spent my whole life dieting and exercising and when I look back at pictures of when I was younger I really need not have worried at all. I want my girls to grow up happy and confident in their own skin and not worry about the way they look.







Karen x

6 comments:

  1. i agree with the never being happy in your body. i realize boys can have eating disorders as well, but a main reason that i've never wanted to have a daughter is because i wouldn't want her looking up to me and seeing how much i can dislike my own body at times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading other people's confessions. I did this meme too and my main point is I don't want my daughter to know about the perils of home perms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, I can't believe you have managed to keep the crisp rule that long!

    I'm so sorry I didn't see your post before now. I've added it to the carnival now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading other people's confessions. I did this meme too and my main point is I don't want my daughter to know about the perils of home perms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree with the never being happy in your body. i realize boys can have eating disorders as well, but a main reason that i've never wanted to have a daughter is because i wouldn't want her looking up to me and seeing how much i can dislike my own body at times.

    ReplyDelete